I love reading, but I hate to stop when my husband decides he wants to go to bed. This makes reading hard, since I have to read in the dark. Can you do that? I can’t. So, of course I will either go into another room, or I will have to put my book away and suffer not knowing what is going to happen next.
I decided it was time that I investing a high quality, dependable book light that will help me read in bed, without having to worry about my husband turning off the light and going to bed. Of course, his snoring is another story.
Here are the best reading lights for bed that offer great quality, lightweight performance and lighting that doesn’t interfere with your reading.
- LuminoLite Rechargeable Extra Bright LED Reading Light – Editor’s Choice
- The Solar Book Light Company Solar Light – Best Solar Rechargeable Option
- LightingEVER LED Rechargeable Book Light
- Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Book Light
- WITHit Rechargeable LED Book Light – Best Funky Option
- Ecologic Mart Rechargeable Reading Lamp – Best Double-Arm Option
So I checked out what was being offered, and came up with some of these options when it came to which ones might be the best to go with. If you’re having a problem like mine, or a similar one, then I highly recommend considering a book light for reading in bed. It just might save your life, it saved mine. Since now I don’t have to wait to see what happens.
The Solar Book Light Company Solar Light
Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Book Light
WITHit Rechargeable LED Book Light
Ecologic Mart Rechargeable Reading Lamp
What to Look for in Book Lights for Reading in Bed
- Brightness: This is the number one reason you’re getting a book light, so you need to make sure it is going to stand up to the test. When the light’s go out, you need to be able to see the pages on the book, no matter what size the letters on the page are. The brighter, the better but not the harsher on the eyes.
- Durability: The construction of the light is going to make a difference for how long it is going to last when you’re using it. You do not want to lose out on quality reading time because the light broke.
- Ease of use: The light should not be overly complicated, should allow you to maneuver it to where you want it to point and it should easily clip onto the pages. You want to have something that you can use easily.
- Battery life: The amount of time you get out of the light matters when you’re a heavy reader, like me. You want to make sure you’re also not spending thousands of dollars on batteries because they do not last nearly long enough. The longer the battery life, the better for all involved.
6 Best Book Lights for Reading in Bed
1. LuminoLite Rechargeable Extra Bright LED Reading Light – Editor’s Choice
Since it is made with LED lights, you’re able to enjoy a more natural, easier on the eyes light while reading even the finest of prints. It is completely adjustable with the neck of the light, and the settings of brightness on the light itself.
One of the biggest benefits of this light is that it is rechargeable, so you’re not going to spend a fortune buying batteries that are going to run out of life in no time. The clip goes right on the book, or anywhere near you that you want the light to hit while reading. You can ensure that you have the right focus using it.
The light is also portable, making it easier to bring to wherever you’re going to be going, without having to forget to bring the book with you. All of the cords that you need for charging come with the light, so you do not have to worry about buying extra accessories.
- Light actually stays where you put adjust it to
- Doesn’t need constant repositioning to work
- Love the brightness settings for different times
- Holds pages in place very well
- Great flexible neck to get the right light angle
- Quality and durability of lamp is better than expected
- Noticeably brighter than comparable reading lights
2. The Solar Book Light Company Solar Light – Best Solar Rechargeable Option
Those looking for the convenience of a rechargeable reading light will find The Solar Book Light Company’s solar light one of the most versatile options on the market.
If you’re out and about or traveling, this light can recharge with sunlight, but if you’re stuck indoors, there’s a handy USB port to recharge as well.
When we tested this light we found its most practical features to be the lightweight design and evenness of lighting. The body of the light is extremely light, and even when considering the flex arm and light as well, the whole thing weighs in at much less than the competition.
This made it extremely easy to use the reading light for long periods of time without feeling like the book became heavier or more burdensome.
The two settings come from 3 LED lights that never faltered or flickered on and off. The reading experience was the same night in and night out – no issues and smooth, even reading light that’s easy on the eyes but still allows you to focus on small text and images.
The flex arm stays in place and ensures the light is always right where it needs to be. It’s easy to adjust as needed and even after long reading sessions of a few hours, the light and its arm didn’t fade under the weight of use.
Overall, the convenience and lightweight benefits of this reading light make it our favorite solar rechargeable option.
- Extremely lightweight and easy to use
- Flexible light arm doesn’t move even after a lot of use
- Convenient solar and USB recharging, perfect for traveling, camping, outdoors
- Solid LED lights that don’t fade or flicker
- Perfect for those looking for a light, easy option that doesn’t bother your reading preferences
3. LightingEVER LED Rechargeable Book Light
When looking for bright light, flexibility and something that is going to last a while battery life wise, then the LightingEVER LED Rechargeable Book Light is going to be the best option to go with. This provides all of the above, and more.
Easily clip the light onto the book that you’re ready, and flip the pages under the little lamp provided. The LED lights are soft and gentle on the eyes, but bright enough so you’re not straining your eyes to see the font on the pages. This puts more enjoyment into reading in bed.
It is non-flickering, and has a stable base so you can ensure that it is standing strong on the pages while you read. It is also portable, so even if you stay somewhere else, besides home, you can still read in the dark without a problem. Charge up and you’re ready to go.
- Great flexibility and sturdy design
- Love the light settings and brightness options
- Tight grip on the clip
- Charges quickly, works great
- Excellent dual-bulb brightness
- Amazing value for what you pay
- Very convenient, easy to travel with
4. Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Book Light
When looking for an ideal light to use for reading in dark areas, you need to find something that is going to provide bright lighting, but also not blind you when it comes to sitting there and reading. These LED lights provide a natural glow that is bright enough to read in, but not harsh on the eyes.
You’re able to adjust the brightness on the light if you tap the button once or twice. In addition to this, you can also adjust the focus on the lamp with the flexible neck. The clip on the end is able to attach to just about any surface, including your book without ruining the pages.
The light is spread evenly through the lens that provides an all over glow. With many different colors to choose from, you can go with a color that works the best for you and what style you’d like to use.
- Feels great, especially compared to all the other lights tried out over the years
- Offers great light space so it doesn’t need to be adjusted often
- Lights up both sides of book so you don’t have to adjust constantly
- Light and portable, but still good quality and design
5. WITHit Rechargeable LED Book Light – Best Funky Option
Be able to read in the dark like a super hero using the WITHit Rechargeable LED Book Light that provides brightness, but also versatility when it comes to customizing the amount of light you want, and the angle that you want the light to flow while reading.
The light comes in four different colors and styles, so you can choose something that looks the best, but also works. It clips on easily to the book, or to any other surface that you’re going to be reading next too. This gives you more choice when it comes to reading in the dark, and not having to hold a flashlight all night long (I’ve tried that, too).
It is completely portable, and completely rechargeable. One of the biggest things to consider is the fact that you’re not going to spending thousands of dollars to buy battery after battery to keep the light going.
- Love the recharging features and time
- Extremely functional, yet still designed cute
- Surprisingly bright for its size
- Convenient USB charging
- Charges fast and stays charged for a long time
- Works great with ebooks or regular books
6. Ecologic Mart Rechargeable Reading Lamp – Best Double-Arm Option
With the use of the Ecologic Mart Rechargeable Reading Lamp, you can read with ease right in bed, in the car, or anywhere else you choose to go that is not lit up in the right lighting for reading even the smallest, and toughest of fonts, and provides you with two different lighting options.
With two different lamps, you can focus the light anywhere that you’d like, so you can have multiple points of reading. You can also charge on the go with the different accessories that are offered. Enjoy the natural LED lighting that each head provides.
Lightweight, durable and rechargeable, which are all ideal considerations to make when choosing the best back light for reading in the dark. Clip onto the pages or anywhere near you, and the base on the bottom of the light will keep it upright, even if you move the adjustable neck on the lamp head.
- Ton of features that make it really useful
- Use one or two lights for brightness preferences
- Sturdy clip doesn’t go anywhere or move
- Doesn’t crinkle or wrinkle pages when used
- Brightest dual head model on the market
- Soft, nice light to read in, not uncomfortably bright