Reaching over for my hot glue gun when putting together a Play-Doh mat for my daughter, I noticed that it wasn’t heating up the way it should when it came to melting the glue in it. That is the sole purpose of having a hot glue gun, isn’t it?
Apparently, it was time for me to check out some of the best hot glue guns for crafts that can allow me to actually have the hot glue needed to put my crafts together.
I wanted to go with something that would last a decent amount of time, but also didn’t cost a small fortune and something that would use universal glue sticks, in case I could find sticks cheaper somewhere else.
If you’re looking for something like I was, then you’re going to want to go over these five hot glue guns I came across that provided me with the best value, highest quality and of course, the hot glue!
So, its back to crafting I go!
What to Look for in the Best Hot Glue Guns for Crafts
- Temperature and warm up time: Having a consistent temperature that the glue is heated too provides a smoother application to the crafts you’re doing. Generally, guns that heat to 100 watts are ideal for larger crafts, while up to 10 watts can prove to be beneficial for smaller ones. The warm up times may vary, but if it warms in five minutes or less, then this would be more ideal.
- Durability: The materials that the gun is constructed out of can make all the difference on how durable it is, and how long it is going to last. Looking for advanced engineered plastic, but is also lightweight can provide a longer lasting body.
- Versatility: Having a gun that can switch between different sized glue sticks provides a larger base for finding sticks for the gun to take. Some do not have this versatility, leaving you to go on a wild goose chase to find the right ones for your next craft.
- Trigger control: Having an ergonomic, trigger control design can allow you to stay in control of the flow of the glue that comes out, but also comfortably hold onto it. This ideal for those projects when the gun is used a lot, or when smaller hands when to give it a try. No more glue gob messes.
Surebonder PRO2-100 Hot Glue Gun
With the Surebonder PRO2-100 Hot Glue Gun, you can enjoy some of the best benefits that a hot glue gun can provide. It does everything but walk, talk and do the dishes!
Since it is industrial grade, you can expect the highest in quality when it comes to the overall make up of the gun, so this will never let you down when gluing projects together, as well as the over 100-watt super power that heats up quickly.
The insulated and interchangeable nozzle was the one part of the gun that we found the most effective. If you want a different flow of glue, or just to stop the glue from running all over the place, the tip can ensure that glue is adjusted or stopped.
The ergonomic design and ease of use trigger put you in control, without the dreaded cramp in your hand. You can enjoy pushing down as much (or as little) as you’d like and not making a gigantic mess. Does this mean the kids can do their own hot glue gun crafts? Absolutely!
- Heats up fast, looks good, little mess when using
- Great for heavy-duty crafts that need good gluing
- High temps are ideal for fabrics and materials that require more heat
- Simple, easy-to-use, consistent glue performance
- Feeds glue in a smooth, easy motion
BSTPower Professional Hot Glue Gun
The BSTPower Professional Hot Glue Gun is your all in one stop for the crafting you want to do. Though it looks like something space-age, it is definitely one of the better looking and working hot glue guns on the market for an affordable price, and all the perks you wouldn’t be able to find with other ones you come across.
The automatic thermostat adjusts the temperature, so it doesn’t become too hot or too cold, also ensuring that it gets a longer lifespan without burning out the thermal mechanism. The adjustable temperature control allows you to choose what setting you’d like it to be on, and then heats up within minutes.
The interchangeable nozzle paired with the sensitive trigger allows you to adjust the flow of the hot glue from the gun, and the tips that it comes with are also no drips – which means no mess! The hot glue always stays inside the gun, and never flows all over the table.
- Nice size and feel
- Glue does not drip or make a mess when not in use
- Automatic temperature control is convenient
- Design of the glue gun makes it easy to maneuver and use without hassle
Adhesive Technologies Two-Temp Cordless Hot Glue Gun
The only reason I put this on the list, besides that it does have a lot of pros to it, is the fact that it is cordless, which is something that you cannot find in hot glue guns usually.
The Adhesive Technologies Two-Temp Cordless Hot Glue Gun provides you with the essential hot glue that is needed, but gives you the free-range ability to do crafts away from the wall, allowing you up to five minutes of crafting time not plugged in!
It goes up to 40 watts, which is ideal for smaller craft projects and heats rather quickly, allowing you to get in, glue up and get going.
It can only use full size glue sticks though, so there is not much versatility there, but still… gluing away from the wall is awesome!
It is definitely a great value for the price, and the timely heating up and the ergonomic, smaller, fit-to-your-hand design. Did we mention, you can unplug it to do crafts?
- Heats up fast, able to use within minutes
- No dripping, easy to store after use
- Use for many hours and still works well
- Reliable performance, works with many materials
NYLEO Full Size Hot Melt Glue Gun
The NYLEO Full Size Hot Melt Glue Gun provides not only the maximum in control with any craft projects that are taken on, but it is also affordable to any budget.
One of the biggest highlight of the product is the ability to transition between the temperatures to get the hottest, to luke warm glue, depending on the project. Who doesn’t like being in control?
Another great feature that we found with this awesome glue gun is that you’re able to have a comfortable grip with the ergonomic design, and the trigger that provides maximum power so you can control the flow of glue for each project.
Heating up quickly, within two minutes, all of your projects are done easily, effectively and timely. Crafting on the go, anyone?
The gun is also versatile, allowing you to use many different sized glue sticks inside it. So if you find a different
size that is cheaper, then you can go with those because the gun is going to still provide the power it would with the sticks that it comes with.
If this isn’t everything we’ve been looking for and more, then I don’t know what would be?
- Wonderful price for such a high quality glue gun
- Heats up quickly, has a convenient light to show if heat is on
- Able to use within minutes, easy to maneuver
- Glue sticks go in easily and smoothly
- Trigger is easy to pull with a nice slow flow
- Great cord length compared to other models
Do you recommend any hot glue guns for crafts that we didn’t mention in the article?