When it comes to giving your aquarium a bit of life, as well as keeping the plants inside it healthy and happy, a high-quality aquarium light might be just the ticket.
Not only do these lights provide the plants with nutrients, but it can also keep them alive and help them grow to their full potential. It is also very good for the fish that are living within the plants, or might be feeding off the plants.
Keeping the plants and fish within the tank happy and healthy should be the goal when trying to create a natural environment for them. Read on for the best led aquarium lighting for plants.
Beamswork EA Timer FSPEC LED Aquarium Light
VivaGrow DN RGB LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant
Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Aquarium LED Light
Mingdak® LED Aquarium Light Kit for Fish Tank
Never have to worry about not being able to have the right lighting that is going to help the plants feed, thrive and shine when it comes to looking into the aquarium and having them stand out from the other tanks that you might have seen.
Have green, growing and beautiful plants that your fish are going to love, and have a light that is going to allow them to do so.
I wouldn’t want to see a brown, nasty tank that is not growing correctly, would you?
Trust me, these lights can work wonders when you need them too.
You can also see this full spectrum aquarium light that is a great option for you.
What to Look for in Lights for Aquarium Plants
- Sizing: The lights that you choose for the tank should go along with the size of the tank and the number of plants that you have inside the tank. You do not want anything that is going to overpower the plants inside, since this might be too much and you also do not want to worry about how you’re going to fit a small light on the top of a big tank.
- Lighting quality: Since the lights help the plants grow, you need to make sure that they’re going to do just that. With the highest quality possible, you know you’re getting the most for the money and also providing your plants and other water life with the sustainable energy that they need to keep the tank going.
- Price: The price might be a big factor for you, depending on the budget that you have. However, you should never sacrifice quality for price. This is because a lot of the lighting options out there might be cheap, but they might not be able to do what you need them too. Always check into the quality and the price and the make a decision.
**Also check out our article on the best aquarium backgrounds.**
4 Best Lights You Can Use On Your Aquarium Plants
1. Beamswork EA Timer FSPEC LED Aquarium Light
Coming in with different colors and lights, you can make sure to get the most from the Beamswork EA Timer FSPEC LED Aquarium Light that provides your plants with a way to thrive inside the water.
You can also choose the size of the lighting that you need for putting it on the tank. This is a great consideration, depending on the size of your tank currently.
The lights also come with a timer, so you do not have to worry about leaving the lights on all the time. Additionally, you can switch between day and night lights, depending on when you want them to shine inside the water. The night lights give off a soft glow, while the day ones are a bit brighter.
The light is suitable for all freshwater plant life, while providing you with a way to grow those plants without fail.
Easily set up this new light that is going to help the plants within your tank thrive, just like they should.
- Completely removes algae from the tank
- Great light for the price
- Easy to install
- Bright lights
- Helps to grow my plants inside the tank
- Lights hold up well
2. VivaGrow DN RGB LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant
If you want something that is going to give you complete control, then the VivaGrow DN RGB LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant is where it is going to be at. You do not have to worry about changing out the colors, since it can do it for you.
You can sit right on the couch and change the colors, change the modes or even turn the lights on and off from where you sit.
The high quality lighting provides a way to remove bacteria from inside the water, while the soft modes provide a way to set the mood inside and outside of the tank. You can also help your plants grow with the lighting that it provides.
It comes with different weather modes, as well as on and off functions, so you can keep control of the lighting inside the tank each time you need it.
Place it on 24 hour cycles, so there are multiple colors going through the water inside the tank, keeping the fish and plant life alive and well.
You’re in control with this lighting that can fit on just about any tank that you have, since it is completely adjustable.
- Plants are thriving with the use of this light
- Easy to set up on the tank
- Perfect for any type of tank environment
- Affordable price for great quality lighting
3. Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Aquarium LED Light
Set the mood inside the tank using the Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Aquarium LED Light to your advantage. With different modes, you can make sure to illuminate the area as needed.
Not only does it come with the bright lights, but it also has a moonlight function that provides the wildlife inside the tank with a way to feel like it is night time, instead of the bright LED’s coming down on them during the day hours.
There are many different sizing options that you can choose from, depending on what it is that you want to use for the tank that you own.
The red LEDs inside the light is what provides the photosynthesis that the plants need to thrive and grow, and can cause the entire tank to remove the algae and other bacteria, while also helping the good plants and bacteria grow to keep the tank as healthy as it can possibly be.
Easy to set up and great to use, you can make sure to get more out of the light that does the job and does it right for your tank.
- Reasonable price for a great unit
- Helps the plant life inside the tank prosper and grow
- Very bright light
- Great modes for changing out the lighting
- Ideal for any sized tank
4. Mingdak® LED Aquarium Light Kit for Fish Tank
Get the entire kit that is needed when it comes to illuminating your fish tank, while providing beautiful lighting with the Mingdak® LED Aquarium Light Kit for Fish Tank.
The lighting provides a shimmering effect on the reef inside the tank, in both the daylight and night time hours, so you can enjoy the tank for a bit longer. Additionally, the light is able to work with any sized tank, so you do not have to worry about adjustments or other factors that might get in the way.
Enjoy the bright lights that also help out the plant life within the tank. The plants are able to thrive from the LEDs that are providing them with the nourishment that is needed.
The light is a high quality, though affordable option that provides your tank, fish and plants with a way to get more out of being inside the tank. It creates a more natural habitat that you would not be able to find anywhere else, with any other light.
The long term performance will also not run up the energy bill to run. You can get clean energy, great lighting and so much more with the use of these LED lights.
- Great job at providing the right lighting
- Fits my tank perfectly
- Completely recommend
- Easy to install onto the tank
- Provides the right type of lighting
Do you recommend a light for aquarium plants?
Give us the scoop – email us and we’ll be glad to consider the products you use and enjoy.