Do you want to put a letter or any cool, fancy design on something? Me too. However, when I was searching for the right one, there were very discouraging options in my local stores, and many ones that I tried out, failed and were so hard to use that I gave up.
Some of the machines came with other features, which was a nice addition but I am not sure if I would go with one of those since I love the products I currently have. I just wanted to find something that was easy to use and didn’t come with thousands of directions and pieces that I had to figure out how to put together.
All in all, I think I narrowed down a great list of the best monogram machines for beginners. So if you’re considering this for a project, then I highly recommend looking at which ones made the cut when it came to creating monograms.
Brother PE770 Embroidery Only Machine
Brother SE400 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine
Brother PE500 4x4 Embroidery Machine
Brother SE350 Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine
What to Look for in the Best Monogram Machines for Beginners
- Ease of use: The number one thing you want to make sure that the monogram machine is, is easy to use. You do not want to find yourself going through multiple steps just to do one little mark on a piece of fabric. Something easy will do the trick.
- Built-in stencils: These can be ideal when you do not want to connect to the Internet, download a bunch of things but just do something simple on the fabric. When the machine can have downloadable patterns, it is ideal but when you want simple ones then having stencils built-in provides more ease of use.
- Affordability: The price shouldn’t be too high since you’re looking for something to quickly add the monogram on with. This should reflect that in the price that you pay.
- Accessories: The set should come with some accessories, so you have everything you need to get the monogramming done, without having to purchase additional accessories is always a good idea to consider.
- Multiple functions: Embroidery is also a great addition to have on the machine, and with the right functions, you can do multiple things with it, without having to have multiple machines for the projects you’re trying to do.
After a lot of projects and tutorials, and embroidering everything from five-panel hats to the lining of waxed canvas backpacks, we’ve found some of the best machines on the market that are ideal for users at every skill level, from beginners to intermediate craftspeople.
4 Best Embroidery Machines for Beginners
1. Brother PE770 Embroidery Only Machine
The Brother PE770 Embroidery Only Machine is one of the top-rated machines on the market. Monogramming is done through an embroidery feature on the machine, and with the use of this product, you do not have to worry about purchasing additional items or machines to go with it.
The backlit display allows you to watch the machine do what you have it do, and the affordable price makes it well worth it. It comes with programmed pictures and letters, so you can use those without having to download anything, though it does have a USB port so you can use that to download new patterns.
The easy to use guide that comes with it explains everything you need to know, and how to do it. You can easily thread the needles, and ensure that you’re all set to go. All of the accessories come with the machine, allowing you to have everything in one package that comes out ready to go.
2. Brother SE400 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine
The Brother SE400 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine provides the user with ease of use, and the ability to have one machine for all of the sewings and embroidering that they want to do. The machine has smooth features that makes both sewing and embroidering easy.
One of the biggest aspects of this machine is the pre-loaded stencils that come with it. There are 70 or so of them to choose from, and even letters for the monogramming you’d like to do.
It is easy to switch between sewing and embroidering on the machine and comes with instructions to show you how too.
The automatic thread cutter makes everyone’s lives easier when it comes to making projects happen. There are many other features, some of which you might not even know about, that come with this machine.
It is affordable and provides you with clean, easy stitching for anything you want to sew or embroider.
3. Brother PE500 4×4 Embroidery Machine
Through the use of the Brother PE500 4×4 Embroidery Machine, you can ensure that you have the right designs for the job since it comes with 70 preloaded designs that can provide the right picture or letters on the project you’re working on.
Smaller and more compact than some of the other options, this machine packs power when you need it, but also can come with you when you have projects going on in other areas. Since it is just a monogram machine, you can monogram anything that you need too, without having to switch over the parts.
The easy to use, the pre-lit back screen allows you to choose the stitching, pictures, and other items that are needed. This is one of the easiest machines to use, most compact, and even cute since it has a pink front plate on it that showcases flowers and other cute items.
4. Brother SE350 Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine
One of the best features of the Brother SE350 Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine is that it provides automatic cutting and threading of the thread being used in the machine. In addition to this, it is also easy to use for even the newest user.
Everything you need is included with the sewing machine, allowing you to sew and then embroider multiple projects when the time comes. There are 120-frame pattern combinations, 70 different monogram designs, and five different fonts to choose from, depending on what it is that you’re trying to monogram on.
The LCD touch screen makes choosing the best options easier since it is lit up in the back. 15 different needle positions allow you to change the placement of the stitches for a fancier appeal on the product. Easy enough for beginners but advanced enough to provide many different options for the user.
Do you recommend a beginner’s embroidery machine?
If you have any recommendations for any embroidery machines that are great for beginners that we didn’t cover, let us know and share it below!
- Interested to know the best Brother embroidery machines in the market, check our reviews.
- What is the best embroidery software
- What is embroidery floss?
- How much does embroidery cost?
- Can embroidery be removed?
- Creative handcrafts you can enjoy at home