When it comes to your safety, you should always put it first and consider the many ways you can save yourself from any harmful substances. When it comes to painting, I do a lot of it. I am constantly changing out one room or painting for someone I know.
Breathing in all of those fumes cannot be good for me, so I decided to check into paint respirators so I didn’t wreck my lungs and made sure I wasn’t inhaling what I shouldn’t have been.
These ones I’ve listed are by far the best out there. Not only do they provide you with a way to protect your lungs, but they are comfortable and not bulky. Whether you’re really into wood painting, like me, or paint for a living then these are a must-have.
I know huffing paint fumes might seem like a fad to some, but if it’s not then considering using these nifty lung saving devices.
3M 07193 Paint Spray Respirator
MSA Safety Works 817662 Paint and Pesticide Respirator
ATit Anti-Dust Spray Chemical Gas Dual Cartridge Respirator Paint Filter Mask
Honeywell OV/R95 Reusable Paint Spray and Pesticide Respirator
What to Look for in Paint Respirators
- NIOSH approved: Safety ratings can go a long way and if your respirator is approved by NIOSH, then you know it is one of the top-notch safety-rated devices out there.
- Comfort: The comfort level of the respirator should be kept in mind, especially if you’re going to be wearing it for some time. You want it to be lightweight, and it should seem like you’re not wearing it at all.
- Reusable: If it is reusable, then you need to know for how long and if there are any maintenance steps you need to take to keep it in the best shape. If you don’t clean certain ones, you might find yourself inhaling the fumes anyway.
- Filtering capacity: The amount that it filters is also a big consideration. The more it filters, the better off you’re going to be at protecting yourself. This is a big rating that should never be ignored when choosing the best respirator.
- What it filters: Some respirators can do much more than filter paint fumes, and if you’re working with other things such as dust, mists and other particles then you want to protect yourself against these things, as well.
4 Best Paint Respirators For Fumes And Spray Painting
1. 3M 07193 Paint Spray Respirator
Trust in this well-known brand to provide such a well known and great working product. The 3M 07193 Paint Spray Respirator is NIOSH approved, allowing you to know that it works with their safety ratings, and will keep your lungs safe.
It is also comfort banded around the back and sides to provide a cushioned support while wearing it. Not only that, but these bands are also adjustable, so you’re better able to fit it to your head.
The respirator also comes with a resealable package, so you can put it away when not in use. It is rated for up to 40 hours of light solvents and up to eight of concentrated solvents. This provides you with many hours of painting time and protection.
You will not even smell the odors when you’re wearing the mask, allowing you to keep doing what you’re doing but also get adequate airflow through the openings on the sides of the mask.
- Amazing protection from fumes
- Nice fit
2. MSA Safety Works 817662 Paint and Pesticide Respirator
This MSA Safety Works 817662 Paint and Pesticide Respirator protects you against so much more than paint fumes. This is why it makes the top of the list of respirators that you should purchase to keep your lungs clean and safe.
The flexible facepiece provides a seal that is hard to break while working, while it also blocks out any of the fumes so you smell virtually nothing while doing the job. That’s how you know it works so well.
The mask is a lifelong product, while the filters need to be replaced after so many hours of using them. They catch these debris, fumes and other chemicals and filter the air so you’re never breathing them in. The filters are also low profile, so your view is not obstructed while you’re doing the work.
If you are painting or doing any other hazardous job then this mask is a must to keep yourself safe and free of clear of any lung damage.
- Great for paint, pesticides, and woodworking
- Good Fit
3. ATit Anti-Dust Spray Chemical Gas Dual Cartridge Respirator Paint Filter Mask
If you’re searching for something to keep dust, particles, and chemicals out of your lungs then the ATit Anti-Dust Spray Chemical Gas Dual Cartridge Respirator Paint Filter Mask would be the right choice to go with.
The PVC and active carbon made mask is ideal for blocking out any fumes that you may come across. It is a heavy-duty, solid weight mask that protects you without leaving marks on your face since it is lined with gel inserts.
The mask is easy to use, reusable and all you have to do is replace the cartridges to keep your lungs clean while using it. You’re able to block out many low toxicity fumes and chemicals that you work with, though it is not rated for higher ones.
The mask provides a seal, so you never have to worry about fumes getting in the mask and into your lungs. Breathe fresh air once again while using this mask.
- Fits well
- Adjustable straps for comfort-ability
4. Honeywell OV/R95 Reusable Paint Spray and Pesticide Respirator
- Enjoy keeping your lungs clean and clear with the use of a trusted brand that everyone loves. The Honeywell OV/R95 Reusable Paint Spray and Pesticide Respirator provide the user with a way to keep the debris from getting in, while they can still enjoy the clean air they need.
Enjoy using the mask over and over again when you just have to replace the organic filters inside it. The mask itself provides a comfortable, adjustable fit to the head and ensures comfort through the comfort bands inside the elastic.
There are also comfort bands throughout the mask to ensure that there is no pressure put on sensitive areas of the face, while still being able to maintain the suction needed to keep the fumes out from the mask, but still allowing fresh air to come through.
Suitable for all types of applications and uses, it is one of the most well-made masks on the market that provides you with a way to keep those lungs clear. Don’t leave to the workplace without it!
- Good value
- Not quite as comfortable as 3m
Do you recommend a paint or insecticide respirator that we didn’t review?
Give us the lowdown: send us an email and we’ll get in touch with you to learn more. In the meantime, check out these lawn and garden product reviews: